Sunday, December 21, 2008

In the Busyness


Christmas seems crazier than ever this year. I think I am learning my limits a little more clearly. It's not the first time this Christmas season that we have planned to go to a party or event and have just had to maintain our sanity by staying home instead. Not that we wouldn't love the fellowship, but our sanity and stability is tied much more to the status of one little person in our lives. She knows when too much is too much, and she knows when Mommy and Daddy should just slow down. And she lets us know!

She is getting big so fast...making us laugh all the time, finding more personality in that little body...we just adore God for the joy that He has brought us through her precious self.

Today Nate did the Christmas monologue at church and the choir (I'm in that) did a few songs. Its really awesome to be involved in a church we love. Family was there to support...so appreciated! A few days before Christmas and only a few more (thousand) things to get together. Trying to put it all in perspective...what's worth stressing about and what's worth saying, "I'll do the best I can and that's all I can do".

Christmas isn't worth celebrating if it's not focused on what it was truly for...just trying to keep my head focused in the busyness.

No comments: